What causes foul vaginal odor?
Can be bacterial vaginosis.
Thanks for posting your query.
Bacterial vaginosis — an overgrowth of normally occurring vaginal bacteria — is the most common vaginal infection that causes a vaginal odor. Trichomoniasis — a sexually transmitted infection — also can lead to vaginal odor. Poor hygiene or tight fitting clothing or fabric that doesn’t breathe can cause sweat and bacteria to get trapped which can cause and unpleasant odor.
Simply use soap and water to clean the outside of your vaginal area. Rinse well and XXXXXXX your skin with a towel until it is dry before you put your underwear on.
If your vaginal odor doesn’t go away, make an appointment with your health care provider and get checked out. There is treatment available. Proper antibiotics are needed in case the foul odour persists.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
I hope this answers your query.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bad vaginal odor
- Foul vaginal odor during intercourse
- Foul vaginal odor with brownish watery discharge
- Foul vaginal odor postpartum
- What causes musty vaginal odor
- Foul vaginal odor menpause
- Foul vaginal odor after exercise
- Foul vaginal odor and discharge
- What causes foul vaginal odor
- Causes of foul vaginal odor
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...