What causes foul smelling vaginal discharge?
High vaginal swab required
I understand your concerns about vaginal discharge.
Following is my reply:
1. There are 2 different problems here. Let me explain them in detail.
2. You have estrogen deficiency which has lead to vagina becoming dry over the years.
3. This dry vagina has lead to infections leading to foul smelling discharge.
4. Cause of this infection needs to be identified and treated. Hence I suggest you get high vaginal swab culture and sensitivity test done to identify the type of organism causing this infection and antibiotics it is sensitive to.
5. You also need to take premarin as prescribed and not once a week as HRT is important to keep away these infections.
6. Let me know the culture and sensitivity report so that I can help you further to cure vaginal discharge and infection.
Let me know if you need any more clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes smelly vaginal discharge
- What causes foul smelling vaginal discharge
- Foul smelling vaginal discharge what to do
- What causes clear vaginal discharge
- What causes vaginal discharge with fishy smell
- What causes bad smell from vaginal discharge
- What causes green vaginal discharge
- What cause vaginal discharge
- Foul smelling vaginal discharge
- Foul smelling vaginal discharge no itching what is it
- Have l 5 injuries. Had three IVF pregnancies, failed. Is i 5 injury the...
- How fertyl m works for men having very low sperm count?
- Increasing follicle size. Need trigger shot for ovulation?
- Pregnant. Had tender breasts and felt queasy. But, symptoms stopped and...
- Took enema with enema kit. Some amount left. Is there any reason for...
- Period delayed. How to take mtpill and mitoprost?
- Can I ask to be sedated so that I can relax and get through the exam...
- Pain in throat, jumping eye lid, pain in chest, stabbing pain in...
- Ovaries hurt after an orgasm masturbation, stinging sensation. What...
- On adderall. Can it result in nagging dull pain below rib cage?