question-icon

What causes foul smelling urine, bad taste in mouth and upper back pain?

Posted on Mon, 18 Jul 2016
Question: I have a fouls smelling urine and bad taste in my mouth. I also have pain in my upper back. 2 weeks ago I was on CIPRO to get rid of a UTI. I don't think I got rid of it. What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (27 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Urine culture test should be done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

You should have urine analysis and urine culture test done. This tests can identify the bacteria causing the infection and check its sensitivity to antibiotics.

As you have been on antibiotics recently, please also start probiotic intake to rebuild good intestinal bacteria. Lac of them can be the bad taste in your mouth.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon