What causes foul smelling nasal discharge?
More likely to be due to sinus infection, steam inhalation, sudafed
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query.
How long you have been facing this problem.
Is there history of sinus infection
Inflammation in the sinuses can block sinus drainage. This can cause the mucus to collect in your nose and sinuses. Over time this collection of mucus can smell really bad. If the mucus is thick, a nasal wash may be needed to remove it from your nose and sinuses.
As long as you are not on a fluid restriction you should be drinking 6 to 8 8-ounce glasses of non-caffeine non-alcoholic fluid daily. This will thin the mucus so that it moves more easily. I also advice you to do steam inhalation with eucalyptus oil three to four times a day, it will help to clear the block. You should be fine with this measures but if it persists then I would have asked you to take decongestant like sudafed.
Hope this helps.
I'll be glad to address any future queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause and treatment for nasal congestion
- What causes smelly nasal discharge
- What causes deviated nasal septumdns
- What causes post nasal drip
- Post nasal discharge causes
- What causes nasal dryness
- What causes nasal polyps
- Green nasal discharge causes
- What causes sever nasal congestion
- What could cause a nasal drip