What causes foul smell from nose?
Thanks for posting the query; I will try my best to help you with this problem.
Your brief history suggests that you could be suffering from sinusitis. The accumulated secretions in the nose and the paranasal sinuses get infected and emanates a foul smell.
Do not worry! With appropriate intervention this can be taken care of:
1. Drink plenty of warm water
2. Do steam inhlation 3-4 times a day
3. Use saline nasal spray as frequently as possible, to rinse the nose and clear all the thick secretions present in the nose and the sinuses.
4. You can try taking mucolytics such as ambroxol or bromhexine to thin out the secretions.
Hope with these above measures your problem will subside. Revert back to me if you have any further queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes foul smelling burp
- What causes burning smell in nose
- What causes chlorine smell in nose
- What is the cause of foul smelling urine
- What causes bad smell in nose
- What causes foul smelling flatulence
- What causes ammonia smell in nose
- What causes foul smell in the vagina
- Foul smell nose causes
- What causes foul smell in nose