What Causes Foul Smell Before Menstruation?
BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS. NEED PROPER TREATMENT.
Thanks for writing to us.
Foul smell or rotten fish like smell before period is MOSTLY due to BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS. Wet mount preparation can confirm the diagnosis.
Some predisposing factors like mental stress, lack of sleep, poor eating habits, frequent using of steroid, pill or antibiotic, weak immune system, Cervicitis, poor genital hygiene etc are to be eliminated gradually to avoid recurrence.
TREATMENT: 1) Oral or Vaginal suppository with METRONIDAZOLE or Clindamycin is the DRUG of choice. It should be taken for 5 to 7 days. Kindly, procure complete prescription from your doctor.
2) Prebiotics and Probiotics are quite useful to maintain healthy vaginal flora and they help to reduce this type of infection.
3) Use vaginal moisturizer cream like RepHresh pH gel or VAGISIL cream to avoid repeated infection and maintain vaginal pH. Maintain genital hygiene properly.
4) Wear only cotton clothes. Don't wear any tight fitting cloths or pants to avoid repeated friction/ irritation. Take sound sleep adequately.
5) Take healthy diet with anti oxidant (like Vitamin -E or C, Selenium, Zinc etc) supplements. Drink plenty of water or juice for better systemic circulation. You must avoid SALTY/ SUGARY/ FATTY foods.
6) Avoid chemical cosmetics, perfume or scented bath products around genital area. Keep the area mostly dry. You should avoid unprotected sex and chemical lubricant until problem is resolved completely.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and take care yourself.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
CANDID V6 IS NOT USEFUL IN THIS CASE.
Thanks for follow up query.
In my point of view, bacterial vaginosis (BV) can cause above clinical picture and you need proper treatment for that.
CANDID V6 is used for yeast infection or vaginal candidiasis. It is NOT the same treatment for BV also.
I suggest you to follow my earlier treatment protocol after consultation with your doctor to get effective result.
Hope, I have answered your query. All the best and good luck.
Dr S Patra