What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
Can't find body odor as side effect.
Hello Ms. XXXXXXX
I am sorry you are having this problem.
I did a search of the literature on Sanctura (brand name of trospium) and could not find body odor as one of the side effects. The manufacturer lists side effects that occur in 0.5% or more of people taking this medication during the clinical trials that led to the drugs approval.
Here is the pdf from the manufacturer - see Section 6 adverse reactions: http://www.allergan.com/assets/pdf/sanctura_pi.pdf
However, that does not mean that it is absolutely not possible for this medication to cause this side effect in you. Particularly if it came on when you started taking it.
Under Medications Tried you wrote "nothing as if he did not here me, changed the medication.". Do you meant that your doctor changed your medication from trospium to something else now? What did he not here?
If your doctor agrees (I don't want to recommend a med change and override your relationship with your doctor) - you can try going off the trospium for a couple of weeks and see if the odor resolves. Maybe use no medication at all during that time (I am assuming this bladder medicine is the only med you take?) Or, you can go in and ask for a brief evaluation for body odor (such as blood sugar and urine for sugar, thyroid check (TSH), and CBC for signs of infection.
My guess is it's the trospium.
Please let me know if I can help with further information or clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Overactive bladder causes
- What causes body odor
- Drugs that cause overactive bladder
- Does lisinopril cause overactive bladder
- What causes sour body odor
- Overactive bladder syndrome causes
- What causes foul body odor
- Trospium chloride overactive bladder
- What causes musty body odor
- Foul body odor causes
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis