• question-icon

What causes foot pain, nausea, chest pain, sleeplessness and fatigue?

Posted on Thu, 27 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am experience foot pain, nausea and chest pain sleeplessness and fatigue can all of these symptons be related if so any idea what maybe going on
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This could be due to anxiety and depression

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

The symptoms you are having like foot pain, fatigue, tiredness, poor sleep etc. could be occurring due to somatic symptoms due to anxiety or might be due to deficient Viatamin B12 or vitamin D.

Please get your B12 and Vitamin D levels done to rule out the causes. If the levels are normal then no need to worry the symptoms are most likely due to anxiety and depression. Visit a Psychiatrist for evaluation and treatment.

Thanks and Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 7 hours later
Interesting I have no symptoms or reasons to be depressed I am a runner and very active. I recently started taking estrogen could this have an effect? The pain in my hail started after a run and the pain in my chest started shortly there after I have been taking ibuprofen for pain management. In addition the pain in my foot is in my heal. The pain is so intense I'm not able to bare weight on that foot. Would you please consider this additional information and revisit your response.
Kind regards,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
This could be due to low B12 or Vitamin D levels.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Its not must to have stress for development of depression but since you are a runner so I will not keep depression the first possibility.

But yes Estrogen could lead to swings in mood and might result in symptoms like pain, tiredness, fatigue, sleep issues etc. The pain could be related to overexertion too since you are a runner.

So please get Serum B12 and Vitamin D levels done to rule out any deficiency. This should solve your problem.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist