• question-icon

What causes foot pain during physical exercise or exertion?

Posted on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have started walking again on my treadmill and up to 2 miles but am experiencing what feels like a shin splint on the top of my left foot. What do I do to heal it?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to exertion.

Detailed Answer:
The shin splints like feeling and pain is due to overexertion. This needs proper rest and icing for relief. You can use an elastic bandage in the area for an extra support. Do avoid walking on treadmill till the pain completely subsides.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 minutes later
How long do you estimate that will take?
Brief Answer:
Can take 4-6 weeks to heal.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
it can take 4-6 weeks to heal but repeat strain can cause the shin splints to recur.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon