What causes foot numbness, joint pain and pink eyes after mosquito bite?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Infections
Question: I got several mosquito bites on my foot 2 days ago. My foot still feels numb. I have joint pain, and it seems like I'm getting pink eye. I'm exhausted. Is there a rapid test for the XXXXXXX virus.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Viral infection likely.

Detailed Answer:
The symptoms that you have seem to be related to a viral infection. There is no specific test to diagnose it early. Right now it is best to start with symptomatic treatment- mild pain killer, increase in fluid intake, taking high dose of vitamin C and juicy fruits.
In case the symptoms are persistent then do consult a physician for related tests and a physical examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal