What causes food getting stuck in throat?
GERD to be confirmed...
I am sorry for the situation you are in.
Feeling food stuck in the throat and then regurgitated are signs of acid reflux. Further tests are needed to determine the final diagnosis including upper endoscopy and abdominal ultrasound.
As it is holidays, I advise to :
- eat often and small portions
- chew up slowly
- do not lay down immediately after eating
- avoid oily, chilly, spicy foods
The aforementioned steps should help you until you see a GI specialist for further evaluation.
All the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Food stuck in throat causing dizziness
- What causes strep throat
- Food stuck in throat cause infection
- What causes fell food stuck in throat
- What causes stuck throat tingling face and nose
- What causes a hoarse throat
- Cause of food sitting in throat
- What causes drainage in throat
- What causes a raspy throat
- What causes a feeling like something stuck in throat