question-icon

What causes fluttering in chest?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016
Question: I have a fluttering in my chest on the left side. I thought it was congestion, but because I took everything to loosen flem it still didn't go away. What is it?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka (22 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
I would recommend performing some tests:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would recommend performing some tests to investigate for the possible cause of this symptomatology.

Besides a careful physical exam by your attending physician, I would recommend performing also:

- a chest X ray study and respiratory function tests to examine your lungs
- a resting ECG and cardiac ultrasound to examine the cardiac structure and function
- some blood lab tests (complete blood count, PCR, sedimentation rate for inflammation, kidney and liver function tests, blood electrolytes).

You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.

Hope to have been helpful!

Best wishes,

Dr. Iliri

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist