What causes flushed face feeling while on Propafenone, Finasteride and Eliquis?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: AM TAKING OMEPRAZOLE AT 7 00 AM ELIQUIS AT 10 AM PREPAFENONE ONCE AT NOON AND ELIQUIS AT 7 00 PM FINISTERIDE AT 3 OO PM HAVING A BREAKFAST AND HAVE TO KIND OF STOP EATTING AS I FEEL A FLUSH ON MY FACE AND HEAD HEAVY SUPPER IN EVENING CREATS A PROBLEM FOR BREAKFAST I NEED TO WALK GOOD 10 MIN IT HELPS BUT MY DAY IS RUIN IN MY EATING
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need an endoscopy of stomach

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I understand your concern.

Few symptoms in your case are related to the drug side effects of propafenone, finasteride and eliquis.

But never the less, I advise you to get an upper GI endoscopy to evaluate the sensation of stomach fullness.

A short course of antihistamine drugs will help to keep you off the flushing.Please check with your physician if he shares this view and can prescribe the same to you.

Further management is based on the test results.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj