What causes fluid retention in the legs and feet?

Question
i have fluid build-up in my legs and feet and the hospital says it is not my kidneys or heart and gave me water retention pills with no idea what could be causing this problem, do you know of any other causes for this problem? thank you, XXXXXXX
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Venous insufficiency

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, i have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but since you have excluded kidney and heart causes then this could be due thyroid hormonal imbalance or venous insufficiency.. Thyroid hormonal imbalance can be detected by a blood test for T3,T4 and TSH.. Venous insufficiency can be detected by a Doppler study and can be relieved by compression stockings , leg elevation while sitting or sleeping and excersicing by walking 15 minutes daily.. I hope you find this helpful.