What causes fluid build-up around the liver?
This is not a cancer for sure.
Thank you for the query.
Liver cancer is something impossible at her case. She is too young for that. Only chronic viral liver infection can give a cancer of the liver. But it must last for years. I am pretty sure she has no liver inflammation.
Fluid around the liver does not say anything at all about possible reason. It is not a heart disease either. There would be fluid everywhere in the abdomen. And she would have legs swelling, shortness of breath.
If her pain is in upper right abdomen and radiates to the back, gallbladder inflammation or stones are the most probable reason of fluid in this location.
She should calm down for sure. Check her heart rate. If it is lower than 100, she has no fever and the pain is not getting worse, she may wait with it. It does not seem serious.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nausea and hunger after eating, waking up at night hungry, urge to...
- Pain inside anus during bowel movement. Is Xyloproct or preparation H...
- Bad odor in belly button, red substance inside, oozing pus
- Pain in front of arm and at wrist under thumb, swelling and throbbing....
- Chest tightness when walking, upper back discomfort, heartburn, no...
- Lump in chest, painful, have pain in ribs and lower back
- Done hernia repair in belly button, have cramp on right side,...
- Frostbite wound on chest from blister freezer. Itching and peeling off....
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, blood in urine. What do I do?
- Is triple action viriliy purchase thru new vitality safe?