What causes fluctuations in blood pressure during pregnancy?
Tablet labetalol also needed
Hello dear, thanks for trusting health care magic.
I understand your anxiety about the issue.
It is common to have fluctuations of blood pressure in various time of the day and even on various days and is more common in early onset hypertension of pregnancy.
Alphadopa takes 5-7 days to show its effect on blood pressure and it has a mild effect on blood pressure but in my opinion you need to add tablet labetalol after consulting your gynaecologist for proper control of blood pressure.
Along with this you should restrict salt intake and avoid excessive calories which can contribute to blood pressure.
Visit your gynaecologist and discuss about addition of labetalol.
Dr Manisha Jain
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes misreadings of blood pressure
- Blood pressure during pregnancy
- What should blood pressure be during pregnancy
- What causes fluctuations in resting blood pressure
- What is the treatment for high blood pressure during pregnancy
- Causes of blood pressure fluctuations
- What could be the cause of fluctuating blood pressure
- What should be the perfect blood pressure during pregnancy
- What causes fluctuations in blood pressure levels
- What is the normal blood pressure during pregnancy
- How to get pregnant in old age?
- Does taking I-pill affect future pregnancy?
- Suggest home remedies for anemia
- Do I need to use contraceptives after a tubectomy?
- What does these ultrasound of cervix indicate?
- What is a complex ovarian cyst?
- Suggest treatment for swelling in clitoris due to an UTI
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and severe depression
- Does non-penetrative sex lead to pregnancy?
- What do small cluster of yellow spots near the vagina indicate?