• question-icon

What causes fluctuations in HCG levels when tested 6 days before menstruation?

Posted on Wed, 16 Aug 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: How often dkes your hcg rise? I have been taking tests non stop for teo days and some times get very very faint lines or just enoigh to quint and see them. Is this ok? My period is not due for another 6 days.
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is two early for a test

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern and desire to be pregnant, however, you will not get an answer by doing a home pregnancy test before missing your period.

There are pregnancy kits that claim to detect pregnancy as early as 4 days before the missed period, however, they may not be accurate.

The test that detects HCG levels the earliest is a blood test,

It is not possible to get different HCG levels on a pregnancy test as HCG in case of a pregnancy is steadily increasing, rather than fluctuate.

I recommend you either wait until a few days afer you miss your period, or see a doctor for a blood test if you can't wait.

I hope this helps. I'd be happy to answer any further questions you might have.

Wishing you good health and all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ornela Ademovi 5 hours later
Well not all my trsts astopped shpwing anything but i still feel pregnant have alot of symptoms am i having a chrmical or whats going on?
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see as below

Detailed Answer:
At 6 days before your period is due it is highly unlikely you are experiencing any signs of pregnancy.

Usually, the first sign of pregnancy is a missed period, followed afterwards with breast soreness, nausea, fatigue and frequent trips to the loo.

This is a waiting game so sit back and relax.

Wishing you good luck and all the best.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ornela Ademovi