What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
1. Betacap TR 40 - morning
2. Betacap TR 20 - evening
3. Amlodipine 5 mg - evening
Her blood pressure remained as follows between 18/4/17 to 30/4/17
167-90, 165-93, 150-85, 165-77, 167-80, 165-100, 155-75, 152-85, 160-90, 155-75, 157-80. On 1/05/2017, i.e. yesterday her blood pressure dropped drastically and came down to 92-50. I told her to stop the BP Medicine completely. Today the blood pressure in the morning was 125-70. Even today she has not taken medicine in the morning. The only change here was that she got throat infection and fever and she was advised following medicines by physician:
1. Zocef CV 250 - morng/eve
2. Montec LC - at night
3. Crocin SOS.
Her throat is much better now and there is no fever. Please advise further course of treatment for blood pressure.
BP Meds Needs A Reset Now...
Thanks for reverting back with all the details, after reviewing all the bp readings its obvious and clear that her systolic blood pressure is constantly staying above the 140 target, so now i would like to change the bp medicines and will slowly titrate them up according to the need and this process might take few days to adjust the dosage. Keeping into consideration her today morning bp i would like to start her on
1. T. Amlodipine 5 mg 1tab OD (Morning)
Stop BETACAP completely. As of now i would like to continue with amlodipine only as bp is within normal range. Keep me posted with the bp reading in the follow ups so that i can add some other suitable meds according to the need.
If in case bp falls below 100 systolic and she feels discomfort then its advisable to drink some extra water along with that a cup of strong coffee and a extra bit of salt will help in that case.
And most importantly keep monitoring bp and maintain healthy lifestyle.
And also complete the course of antibiotics as advised. Do not stop in between.
Dr Bhanu partap
Is T. Amlodipine 5 mg different from Amlodipine 5 mg.
Since the blood pressure today morning was 125-70, can she start the medicine from today itself.
Yes it is the same.
If bp is still around 120 systolic and 70 diastolic then you can also start with 2.5 mg or half tablet of 5 mg from today.
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes persistent high bp
- What causes fluctuate bp
- What causes increase in bp despite on bp medication
- What causes low bp
- What is the reason for fluctuating bp
- What causes spike in bp level
- What causes low bp in a child
- What causes high bp
- What causes dizziness and weakness with fluctuating bp
- What causes spike in bp at noon
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?