What causes fluctuating body temperature after pneumonia?
It could be normal variation.
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Looking at the medical history and query, my opinion is as follows:
1. Hypothermia or temperature below 98.3 degrees is some times alarming. However, if she is good, not to worry. Look for associated confusion, slow breathing or high irritability. If she has none of these, it is nothing to worry.
2. After you checked two more times, and its returning to normal is good.
3. The history of hospitalization and age are at present complicating factors. Do watch out for recurrent infection, as severe infection could rarely present with hypothermia.
4. The body has a cyclical rhythm and temperature variation is normal. Watch out for symptoms, i told you earlier like confusion, slow breathing or high irritability.
As, it has returned to normal. Nothing to worry at present. Keep her warm, by wrapping her well and giving hot soup, usual diet, and good amount of fluids.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a low potassium with pneumonia
- Causes of pneumonia
- What are the causes of hypersensitive pneumonia
- Causes of pneumonia after pneumonectomy
- What causes pneumonia poisoning
- What is the cause of double vision after pneumonia
- What is the cause for shivering after recovering from pneumonia
- Pneumonia low body temperature
- What causes klebsiella pneumoniae infection
- Low body temperature and pneumonia in children
- Suggest treatment for constipation
- What are symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer's disease?
- Suggest the type of specialist to consult for brooke-spielger syndrome
- Suggest treatment for low hemoglobin and high TSH levels
- What causes fluctuating body temperature after pneumonia?
- Suggest treatment for pain and constipation
- What causes nausea and pain when suffering from esophagitis?
- Suggest treatment for pain after suffering from shingles
- Suggest treatment for aspiration problem
- What causes loss of sense of taste?