What causes floaters in vision?

Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Recently since last 15 days I am noticing 1 small black eye dot in front of my right eye in brightness which suddenly moves and disappear but again comes in front of my eye.
Through internet I came to know it is something called eye floating and there is no way to recover from it.
I shown to eyeQ clinic in XXXXXXX and they test it after diluting the eye & said its normal and they have given me two eye drops to put in eye.I am already taking it since last 15 days but There is no improvement.
Please suggest further
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
floater noticed in degenarative bodies. notreatment and can be watched.

Detailed Answer:
This is floaters degenerative body floating in vetrious. It can not be cured. Fundus examination preferably indirect ophthalmoscope for wider field,should look for tear peripheral detachment.This is to be repeatedly reviewed to watch the progress. Consult retina surgeon who can use laser as preventive measure of further progress.Sudden and excessive increase in floaters can be sign of imminent retinal detachment.That is the reason of review to watch the progress.With body movement and change of posture the floater can change the site but it is normal.Keep them under watch for curative purpose no drop is required so it can be stopped.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 1 hour later
Thanks for the response sir but I do not want to go through Laser etc.

Someone here suggested me Vitamin C & Vitamin A tablets.

Please suggest if I shall take it and some good progress can be seen.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
vitcand a will not help

Detailed Answer:
It will not help.