What causes floaters in the field of vision?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Thu, 7 Jul 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: yes what problem I might be having with black spot's floating in front of me Thanks for a reply
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Floaters.

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.

These are floaters and these are opacities in the jelly like fluid in the back of eye.They move with the movement of the eye .They do not need any treatment. If they are bothering you too much the a course of vitamin C can be taken 500 mg once a day for 6 weeks.

We in our practice counsel the patients to ignore them and mostly they are happy.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee