What causes flesh colored cluster bumps on penis foreskin?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a cluster of flesh tone bumps on my penis below the head where the foreskin used to be. I tested negative a month ago for all stds? There is no pain or iratation from them.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload a photograph

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic

I am Dr kakkar. I have gone through your query. Kindly upload a clear digital photograph of the lesions so that I may be able to guide you better.
I would life to rule out viral warts/Condyloma acuminata.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 12 minutes later
I have up loaded a picture of the area.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of Fordyce spots

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

The pictures are not very clear. I am not very sure but they look like fordyce spots to me. I would prefer better quality photos preferably in day light, to be 100 % sure.

Fordyce spots are ectopic sebaceous glands(at places where they normally should'nt be). They are usually present in clusters on labial mucosa as well as on the mucosal aspect of prepuce as well. It is mainly a cosmetic concern without any clinical significance. Fordyce spots can become more prominent at puberty under the influence of testosterone.

Treatment is either CO2 Laser vaporization or destruction with radiofrequency cautery. Oral retinoids are also helpful,because they shrink the size of sebaceous glands, thus making them less noticeable.

I would advice that you visit a dermatologist in your area and discuss with him/her about the most suitable method.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 2 minutes later
If it turns out that this is what it is does it uave to be treated?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of fordyce spots

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Fordyce spots can be left as it is.