What causes flatulence and severe stomachache after eating candy?
Phazyme / Simethicone
I assume you do not have risk factors towards heart disease like High BP, Diabetes, High cholesterol.
If yes, you seem to have intolerance to carbohydrate esp sucrose. Right now you can take Simethicone e.g Phazyme till the gas is relieved and you get pain relief. Activated charcoal is also good. You can ask your local pharmacist if there is a combination drug with both Simethicone (relieves pain by breaking the gas bubbles) and Activated charcoal (helps absorbs gas).
If you have any risk factors towards heart disease or having similar complaints in the past I suggest to see a local physician to rule out serious issues.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes excessive flatulence
- What causes flatulence problems
- What causes uncontrollable flatulence
- What causes bad flatulence
- What causes severe flatulence and what is the treatment
- What is the cause for green stools and flatulence
- What causes extreme flatulence
- What causes flatulence and belching
- Smelly flatulence causes of flatulence
- What causes flatulence