What causes flashes of light in eyes?

Ophthalmologist
Question
cause of flashes of light in eyes
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It requires retinal examination.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic

I am Dr. Dadapeer K an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you are having flashes of light.
Flashes of light usually indicate problems in the posterior part of the eye involving vitreous and retina.
These usually occur because of vitreoretinal traction. The common cause is age related posterior vitreous detachment.
However since it can occur in retinal thinning or as a prodromal symptom of retinal detachment, it requires examination by a ophthalmologist by indirect ophthalmoscopy to look for these conditions and treatment.

Hence I advice you to consult your ophthalmologist for retinal examination.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards