What causes flashes of light at the periphery of vision?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have been getting flashes of light at the edge of my vision sometimes . i thought this was due to my contact lense but now i see floaters. I have had no trauma recently
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer....consult an eye specialist as early as possible.
Detailed answer...
Flashes of light at the periphery of your vision associated with or without floaters in eyes can be due to vitreous detachment or retinal detachment or even retinal tear.
You must immediately consult a doctor for thorough examination of eyes to find the cause and take appropriate measures. 
There is a danger of vision loss if it is a retinal detachment or retinal tear and can result in permanent vision loss if not attended immediately.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks