What causes flase positive for alcohol in ETG test?
, , ,,have you any knowledge of this? Thank-you,
False positive ETG tests are extremely common
If you are true to yourself and did not consume alcohol then the positive ETG test is false. The ETG (Ethyl Glucuronide) test is sensitive to the presence of any alcohol, even low-levels in the urine even after several days after consumption. Hence research was found that people who use several household items which has small amount of alcohol are failing the test. They include detergents, perspirants hand sanitizers, medications, hygiene products, cosmetics, foods etc.
Here is the list of items provided by National Library of Medicine/National Institute of Health (http://www.householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/brands?tbl=chem&id=26). If you can prove that you use these items and hence were tested positive then you may win the case and avoid punishment. At the same time you should be prepared for more specific tests to prove innocent.
So nothing to worry as long as you had not done anything wrong.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes alcohol buzz
- What could be the cause for positive stress test result
- Causes of positive romberg test
- What mechanism causes alcohol to cause histotoxic hypoxia
- What causes false positive methamphetimines in a drug test
- What causes bleeding after a positive pregnancy test
- What are the underlying causes for positive cocaine test
- What is the causes of hbsag positive
- What causes alcohol cravings
- What could cause positive fentanyl in urine test