question-icon

What causes flappy skin near navel?

Posted on Tue, 3 Feb 2015
Question: So I haven't really noticed before but when I was looking at my belly button along the left edge there seems to be a flap of skin protruding over it almost bulging out, obviously after searching online I got concerned by the different scenerios but there is no pain or tenderness just looks odd to me. Can you tell by the pic if that looks normal to you?
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (49 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Relax for your normal shape of the belly button.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the unusual appearance of the belly button.

After analyzing the pciture with best diligence and correlating with the facts of no pain and tenderness, let me reassure you fully that it is totally normal.

Belly button is actually the point from which the fetus(the growing baby in the mother's womb) is connected to the blood supply of the mother. It depends on person to person to have very much different shapes of belly button according the falling if the umbilical cord and the abdominal shape.

In your it is totally normal and there is nothing to be worried about the same. You need not to visit internet any further and can very well relax for your normal shape of the belly button.

Hope these informations will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to help.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD-DERMATOLOGY
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist