What causes flaky vaginal discharge?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 26 Mar 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hello
My vaginal discharge is flacky when dries about 2-3 mins after coming in contact with air.
IS IS NORMAL OR YEST INFECTION?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:

A normal discharge can be yellow and brownish in color when come in contact with air.

If it is due to yeast infection then other symptoms like itching, thrush also present and discharge usually look like cottage cheese in color.

Are you having these above mentioned symptoms?

Please revert back to me with my answer.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 8 minutes later
No i do not have itching or burning.
Only that i have clear to white discharge which is normal for me but when discharge dries up on my inner thigh its flaky is that normal?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it is normal.

Detailed Answer:

Nice to hear from you once again.

If you are not having any associated symptoms other then white discharge.

It can be due to normal vaginal discharge.

Yes, normal vaginal discharge become flaky when come in contact with air.

Hope it is clear.

If you have no further query and you want to close the discussion, kindly accept my answer before closing.

Thanks