• question-icon

What causes fibromyalgia and chronic body pain while on Gabapentin?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have suffered from chronic pain for 6 years. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and searching for ways to reduce the pain without taking opiates. I have tried taking Gabapentin without any benefit. My question is:
Can you recommend a type of cannabis or hemp with high CBD to reduce pain? I am not interested in getting high. Just want pain relief and anxiety relief. Cannabis is legal where I live. I tried a high CBD tincture of 250, but did not experience any pain relief. Do you have a recommendation?
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Recommended strains for pain

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. The pain in Fibromyalgia, while not thoroughly
understood, is thought to be caused by a disruption in the way the central nervous system sends and receives messages. In this condition, the pain signals to the brain are abnormally amplified, causing an increased pain perception. Marijuana is effective because its active ingredients modulate pain signals from the nerves going to the brain, thus decreasing the pain sensation.

There are several strains that are particularly effective for pain. Critical Mass is an indica strain that is especially effective with strong pain while also reducing anxiety.
Romulan and Red Dragon strains are also very good for pain relief in Fibromyalgia. So I recommend you find a store with quality products and ask for these strains.

I hope this helps.
Wishing you good health and all the best.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Ornela Ademovi