question-icon

What causes fever, sinus pressure, soreness and bleeding from throat?

Posted on Tue, 1 Dec 2015
Question: I have not had a sore throat, fever, sinus pressure. Today, I have had a good bit of bleeding in my throat. I have not been able to get the blood flow to stop all day. How can I make this stop bleeding?

Blood flow seems to be constant. Doesn't seem to clot. Haven't felt sick in a long while.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Does not seem normal and common

Detailed Answer:

Your description of the problem does not seem to be common. We really hear people with sinusitis complaining off occasional blood coming in the sputum when the cough or gargle. They seem to stop or clot on their own in few hours.

Suck on cold popsicles frequently every 2 hours which constrict capillaries and stop bleeding. If your problem of bleed is persisting for more than 12 hours even after swallowing very small (<1cm) turmeric balls. Turmeric has clotting effect. I better suggest you to visit an urgent clinic. So these are the home remedies I suggest to follow.

IF they do not help please see at a local clinic for examination of throat under light and check if there are visible capillaries at the back of throat.
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam