What causes fever post stent removal from the ureter?
The fever is due to UTI .
Thanks for query. You have been detected to have stone in kidney and D.J stent was placed in ureter which has been removed very recently. However now you are getting fever .
The fever is commonly due to UTI and in most of the cases due to foreign body reaction to Stent ..
Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Tab CEFIXIME 200 mg twice daily along with urinary antiseptic like Tab Nitrofurantoin 100 mg twice daily and urine alkalizer like Syp Potassium Citrate 10 ml thrice daily. Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.
Please get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fever in children
- What causes instant fever
- What causes headache and fever after removal of adenoids
- What is the cause for fever with shivers
- What causes fever in toddlers
- What causes typhoid fever
- Does a stent in the ureter cause uti
- What causes a sudden fever
- What is the cause of brain fever
- What causes hay fever