• question-icon

What causes fever, mouth blisters and muscles pain?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My 26 year old grandson has a fever of 103. He has blisters on his tongue, gums, and throat. He has achy muscles. What does it like to you?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please, let him return to the hospital for a different drug!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this fever that your son has. I will immediately advocate that he take tylenol for relief. However, he needs to return to the hospital and get a different antibiotic to replace amoxicillin. I think erythromycin can be a good replacement for that. He should also use a mouth wash solution to keep the mouth clean and prevent germs from continually getting into the system.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Dr. Ivo Ditah