What causes fever, headache, body aches and cough?
your symptoms sound a lot like influenza. Other infections may cause these symptoms too (upper and lower respiratory tract infections). Of course a visit to the doctor would probably clarify the diagnosis, which is very important regarding treatment, so this is the recommended next step.
A reasonable alternative would be to wait it out and only visit the ER if you have "red flag" signs/symptoms like:
- shortness of breath
- pleuritic pain
- very high fever, particularly if an abrupt worsening of the fever occurred or rigor is present
You haven't mentioned any medical history so I guess you're healthy otherwise. If you're not then this would be an additional reason to visit the ER sooner.
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Croup cough fever headach
- What causes body aches fever headache and tight chest
- Body aches chills no fever headache
- Fever headache mucus cough
- Back ache fever headache
- Low grade fever headache body aches in child
- Fever headache stomachache body ache cough tylenol and ibuprofen
- Fever headache and cough
- What causes low grade fever headache and nausea
- Body aches and pains no fever headache