What causes fever blister around the nose and lips when diagnosed with HSV-2?
HSV 2 can cause infection in the facial region as well as genitilia
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
Either of the two viruses can involve the facial region or the genital area though HSV 1 is more common in the facial region but HSV 2 can also cause infection on the face.
HSV 2 in the facial region can be transmitted by oral sex as well due to contact with the secretions in an affected person by sharing of handkerchiefs or other fomites.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hsv blisters causes
- Can hsv2 cause monocytosis
- What is the treatment for fever blisters
- What causes swelling of lips with blisters
- What causes raised dry red blisters on the nose
- What causes fever and blisters on lip
- Hsv2 infection causes
- What causes fever and swollen gums blister on bottom lip
- Boil or fever blister to upper lip
- Can loestrin cause fever blisters