What causes fever and vomiting?

Pediatrician
Question
Recently my daughter was having fever and we gave her CALPOL, now after 3 days the fever has reduced to 10%, but now from yesterday night she vomits everything she eats, please advise what can be given and also what can be the substitute food.
Will isomil cause vomitting ?
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Nigam 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Don't worry.

Detailed Answer:
Greetings,

Child having fever is a sign of infection. In you daughters case as you mentioned that fever was present since three days and then vomiting started it seems like a flu.

You have not mentioned about the condition of the stools.

As far as isomil is concerned I presume your daughter is allergic to cows milk and that's why you are giving. right? If isomil was started very recently it can cause some vomitings. That is any new food can do that in babies.

Go for softer and very light food maybe like mashed banana or something. Still if vomiting persists then you can give her syrup ondan after discussing with your treating doctor. The doctor might also start an antibiotic if the need is such after a physical examination.

I hope I have answered your queries.
thanks and regards.