What causes fever and lethargy in six year old before flu vaccination?
Possibly an independent viral infection unrelated to the flu shot.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns.
There are at least 200 viruses that may lead to cough and cold. Flu or influenza is just one among them.
Your granddaughter possibly has developed an independent viral infection and that could be the reason she is a bit feverish and down.
I do not think that there is a cause to be concerned about. Please be patient. Recovery should occur in a few days.
You may give her Paracetamol or Acetaminophen if she has fever greater than 100°F.
She can get the flu shot by visiting the doctor next week.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Diptanshu Das
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spleen pain caused by flu vaccine
- Flu vaccine causing elevated liver enzymes
- What causes dizzinesspalpitations and heart pain after flu vaccine
- What is in flu vaccine
- Flu vaccine and menstruation
- Smoking weed before the flu vaccination
- Folliculitis caused by flu vaccine
- Does flu vaccine cause menses delay
- Flu vaccine causes autism
- Can flu vaccine cause swollen parotid gland