What causes fever and headache?
Viral illness probably
Hi.... If your kid is normal in between fever episodes in a single day...I don't think you should worry as its only 2nd day of fever. Headache at the height of fever is quite common.
Danger signs include breathlessness/ rash/ low urine output/ seizures/ unconsciousness/ blood in motion. Don't worry if these are not there & the kid is active.
What is more important than fever is the activity of the kid when the kid is not having fever. If she's active and in between 2 fever episodes, then you can wait as your dr told.
Please get back with weight of the kid, I will suggest you proper dose of paracetamol.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. Happy to help anytime. Further clarifications and consultations on Health Care Magic are welcome.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed)Hi....
Test result units ref range method
S.SGOT(AST) 32.1 H U/l M :10 - 37 F :0 - 32 Modified IFCC
CBC (Complete Blood Count)
Hb (Haemoglobin) 12.5 N gm/dl M =13 - 18 / F = 11 - 15 Photometry
PCV / Haematocrit 36.50 N % 30-40 Derived
RBC Count 4.89 H Million/Cumm. M =4.5 - 6.0 / F =3.8 - 4.8 Impedance
ESR 10 N mm/1st hr M =0 - 10 / F = 0 - 20 Westergren
Platelet Count 1.58 N Lakhs/c.mm 1.5 - 4.5 Impedance
Total Leukocyte 3400 L Cells/Cumm. 5000-15000 Flow Cytometry
Neutrophil 63 N % 40 - 76 Flow Cytometry
Lymphocyte 29 N % 20 - 40 Flow Cytometry
Monocyte 07 N % 2 - 8 Flow Cytometry
Eosinophil 01 N % 1 - 6 Flow Cytometry
Basophil 00 N % 0 - 1 Flow Cytometry
Results are to be correlated clinically
This report is Electronically verified
NOTE : N = Normal, L = Low, H = High, NA = Not Applicable
It is viral illness - dont worry
Hi...I still feel it is only viral illness. The total count being slightly on the lower side and the mildly lower platelet counts are suggestive of viral illness. As I have already mentioned in out previous interaction, no need to worry, if the kid is active in-between 2 fever episodes on the same day and once viral illness starts, it will be there for 4-5 days.
Fever of few days without any localizing signs could as well a viral illness. Usually rather than fever, what is more important is the activity of the child, in between 2 fever episodes on the same day. If the kid is active and playing around when there is no fever, it is probably viral illness. So do not worry about duration if the kid is active.
Paracetamol can be given in the dose of 15mg/kg/dose every 4-6th hourly that too only if fever is more than 100F. I suggest not using combination medicines for fever, especially with Paracetamol.
Apart from this you can give her plenty of oral fluids and this will help a lot in controlling body temperature and also good urine output will be marker of her well being.
I have a few questions -
1. How is the activity of the kid when there is no fever?
2. How is the urine output?
3. Are there any other symptoms other than fever?
If possible please get back with the answers to above questions.
I wish your kid a speedy recovery. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link. Please find the link below.
Viral illness - Don't worry
Hi....all these symptoms are suggestive of viral illness. All these body aches, myalgias, headache are common in viral illness.
If her fever severity is better than what it was on day one, then she's Is already on recovery path.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cause for child having fever headache and stomach
- Nausea diarrhea fever headache
- Parasites that cause low grade fever headaches
- Fever headache vomiting sensation causes in adults
- What causes body aches fever headache and tight chest
- Fever headache mucus cough
- Fever headache every evening
- Nausea mild fever headache
- Child with fever headache and vomit cause for dehydration
- What causes low grade fever headache and nausea
- What causes recurrent cold,cough and high fever in a child?
- What should be Neozeet dosage for cold and cough in a child?
- What causes swelling and redness on eyelid after taking Desonide?
- What causes an indentation on upper back?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea in an infant
- Does black molds in house during pregnancy cause any complication?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection of in groin area
- What causes swollen cluster of veins on lower back?
- What causes diarrhea with vomiting?
- What causes low appetite after stomach infection?