What causes fever and dizziness when diagnosed with unspecific autoimmune disorder?

Dr. Geeta Sundar

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I was diagnosed with unspecific autoimmune disorder by Vanderbilt Allergy and Sinus. However, my doctor left the clinic and the new doctor says my condition is due to stress. I have suffered with this all my life (I am 45) and have tried everything. The only thing that works is Prednisone. This is not something that I can simply let work itself out. I have to work and don't have the luxury of laying around the house. The symptoms are coming every two weeks instead of every few months: severe headache, severe fatigue, low grade fever, dizziness and sometimes joint and neck pain . I am going to see a new doctor this week and ask for a long term anti inflammatory to replace my frequent use of Prednisone. I am a single mother and work as a therapist for at risk youth. My life is very stressful but I am not unhappy. If I don't take the Prednisone I am bed bound for days. Over the past two weeks I have refrained from taking Prednisone and I stay in bed for 3 days and then work for 4 days feeling ok but not great and then the symptoms come on strong again and I am back down.
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
explore the possibility of a trial of gamma allergen or immunoglobin inj

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome to Health care magic,
Since these episodes you say have been coming all your life, they cannot be serious.
However they seem to be definitely bothersome.
I would explore the possibility of giving you a trial of gamma allergen or immunoglobin injection. These may boost your immunity and improve your condition.
I agree with you, long term corticosteroids are not the answer unless inevitable.
Please discuss this with an immunologist/ Rheumatologist.
You can revert back.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D