What causes fever and decreased urinary frequency in a child?
Up to 6 times ok, not below. Increase breastfeeding
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through the details carefully and understand your concern.
It is not normal for the urine frequency to drop. If the frequency is more than 6 times in 24 hours, you would know that the amount of feeding is adequate. If the amount of passage of urine is less the amount and frequency of feeds needs to be increased, but if the child is lethargic you would need to take the child to a doctor without any further delay.
Feel free to write back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fever in children
- What causes instant fever
- What is the cause for fever with shivers
- Done urine analysis is urinary infection causing fever
- What causes fever in toddlers
- What causes typhoid fever
- What causes a sudden fever
- What causes recurring fever in a child
- What is the cause of brain fever
- What causes hay fever