What causes fever and cough after having lung lobectomy?
unlikely to be related to surgery.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I read carefully your query .
Three months post-operation is a long time for it to be related to any infection from surgery.If it was an infection acquired during surgery,the symptoms would have appeared few days after.
Most likely it might be acute bronchitis or pneumonia.
I would suggest to consult your treating physician and get examined.Physical examination and a chest X-ray is important to determine if you have pneumonia.
Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any other question or need any clarification.I would be happy to answer.
you need to see your treating doctor.
Pleural effusion are very common after lobectomy.This happens as a normal part of the healing process after part of the lung is removed.
Usually it may take several months for the effusion to dry up.During this time you may have a slight cough ,clearing mucus and phlegm ,wheezing .
Having a cough with yellow sputum ,fever,shortness of breath ,wheezing are not part of normal process of healing.
These symptoms indicate and underlying infection of the lungs.
You need to consult your treating doctor for evaluation.It is very important to exclude Pneumonia ,as the cause of these symptoms.
Hope it helps.
Please feel free to ask if you have any other question or need any clarification.
I wish you a quick and complete recovery.
This virus usually causes a mild respiratory tract infection with cough,low grade fewer that clears on it's own for 10-15 days.
In patients with underlying pulmonary conditions or with a weakened immune system the symptoms can be much worse with cough ,wheezing,fever,muscle aches,fatigue and the recovery takes more time.
There is no specific treatment for this infection.The treatment consist in managing the symptoms like the cough,wheezing etc.
It may take several weeks for complete recovery and some symptoms like feeling weak and tired may last more.
Hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes headache and fever after removal of adenoids
- What causes uti with high fever and coughing
- What is the cause for fever after a head injury
- What is the cause of fever after an injury
- Cause of coughing loss of voice sneezing after fever
- What causes rash on neckchest and face after a fever
- Cough/fever causes
- What is the cause for chest pain after fever
- What is the cause for fever everyday after croup
- What causes dry cough after fever
- Does Methamphetamine show up in hair drug test?
- Is medication required for cholesterol level of 5.1?
- Is frequent urination a symptom of heart attack?
- Suggest treatment for redness ad burning sensation of scrotal area
- What causes dizziness and nausea?
- What causes swelling on penis foreskin?
- Suggest remedy to loose belly fat and stretch marks
- What causes hard lymph node under right jaw?
- What causes painful bulge on penis post intercourse?
- What causes difficulty in climbing stairs and leg weakness?