• question-icon

What causes fever and body pain after taking shingles vaccine?

Posted on Wed, 2 Aug 2017 in Infections
Question: I received the shingles vaccine on Saturday and I have been sick since with fever, achy all over, blood when I blow my nose (this has stopped) but I still taste the blood when I blow my nose and in my mouth. The site where I received the vaccine has been very swollen, red, hard, feverish and hurts so bad. I have been very lethargic, nauseated and now I have diarrhea.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can you send a picture of this site to me?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for reaching out to us at health care magic.

1. Swelling after vaccination is not uncommon. However, if the extent becomes too much, we will need to review and address. I will like to obtain an image of this vaccination site for review and guidance.

2. Do you have running nostrils? If yes, the inflammation fragilises blood vessels which explains the occurrence of blood in nasal secretions. Because secretions trickle to the back of the throat, this explains why the blood odor in this condition.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Waiting...
Dr. Ivo Ditah