• question-icon

What causes fever along with weakness and fatigue?

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: 1 developed a fever that stayed around 101 - 102. Took aspirin to get ti down. When I awoke early Saturday morning to take my trip to the bathroom I could not move my legs or arms. Over the next several days it got better such that I can walk, I am very weak and lack strength and run an occasional fever.

When will the answer be ready?

going back to bed
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stop Aspirin. Take tylenol 500mg every 6hours if fever!

Detailed Answer:

Your probably suffered a viral infection and still recovering. It is normal to feel weak this this convalescent stage.

I will suggest you stop Aspirin and go with Tylenol. I have reservations with aspirin in elderly patients. Drink much water, eats much fruits, vegetables and fluids. Also, get enough rest.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me on how well you are responding and recovering.
Dr. Ivo Ditah