What causes fever after typhoid immunization?
The fever is probably due to an unrelated cause
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Although she has got the fever after she had the typhoid immunization, I do not think that the fever is due to the immunization. The fever is probably due to an isolated viral infection. As of now you should give paracetamol/acetaminophen and tepid sponging to reduce temperature whenever required. If she is otherwise active and fine you need not worry and the fever may last for a few days. It is only if the fever lasts more than 7 days or if the child grows lethargic that you need to get concerned and approach a doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Typhoid fever cause brain damage
- Uncomplicated typhoid fever causes
- Typhoid immunity after fever
- Chronic typhoid fever causes
- Typhoid fever causes
- Recurrent typhoid fever causes
- Cause of consistent abdominal pain after typhoid fever
- What causes typhoid fever
- Causes of typhoid fever in children
- Acute typhoid fever causes