What causes fever after an embryo transfer?
its progesterone effect....so normal to experience...explained
Thanks for the query to hcm,
As your wife has just undergone embryo transfer and under all progestognenic medications which are a part of protocol. Progesterones tend to raise the body temperature and hence feverish one may feel, also it decreases the gastrointestinal motility which may cause constipation.
There is no actual requirement to take any medication for the same at present but to maintain good hydration and proper balanced diet. She should be taking about 12-15 glasses of water daily else she may experience even headaches as progestognenic effect.
After a week , the serum beta hcg levels shall be estimated to see the success and also a transvaginal ultrasound may be undertaken to check if the implantation has succeeded.
So at present conservative management is the best management.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- 102 degree fever after embryo transfer
- Bloating after embryo transfer causes
- What causes softer stool after embryo transfer
- Embryo transfer fever evenings
- Fever after 4days embryo transfer
- Fever due to cold after embryo transfer
- Low grade fever after embryo transfer
- 995 f fever after embryo transfer
- Fever is normal after embryo transfer
- Slight fever after embryo transfer
- Is pregnancy possible without ovulation?
- Is pregnancy possible due to sex on 8th day from menstruation?
- At what age does a girl start to ovulate ?
- Is chemical hair straightening safe for a breast feeding woman?
- Can i have abdominal hysterectomy despite having IBS?
- What causes discomfort and pain in pelvic region?
- How to determine the expected date of delivery using last menstrual period?
- What does my ultrasound report suggest?
- Suggest treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Suggest treatment for Rubella infection