What causes feeling of soreness in the rectum?
A little more detail...Seems to be more tender on the right side/center. It feels like I sat wayyy too long, but that is not the case. Soreness seems to be about 5 to 6 inches inside. When it happens, I go to the bathroom because it feels a bit like gas deep within, but this never helps to alleviate the soreness. Soreness seems to eventually go away. My stools look ok to me (nothing any different).
you need a colonoscopy examinatiion
Thanks for contacting HealthcareMagic.
Feeling of soreness in the rectum can be due to inflammation in the rectum. You have not mentioned for how long you have it. It is odd that your stools are normal and that the soreness is intermittent. Normally with inflammation I would expect abnormal stool and persistent soreness. It is also possible that these symptoms are due to intermittent rectal spasm which occurs usually in people with stress.
I think to resolve the cause of your symptoms you should undergo a colonoscopy.
Dr Dinesh Kumar Singal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a prolapsed rectum in a hamster
- What can cause disconfort in rectum
- What causes a ring around rectum
- What causes a fluttering feeling at rectum
- What causes boils in rectum
- What would cause pulsing in rectum
- What causes burning in the rectum
- What causes itchy rectum
- What causes pinching sensation in rectum
- What causes fishy smell from rectum