What causes feeling of something stuck in the eye?

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My eyesight isn't what it use to be and now I often feel like something is in my eye? I use to look to see if something was in there, but there never is. What could this feeling be?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Foreign body sensation due to dry eye most likely

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

This feeling is referred to as foreign body sensation in the eye. Its commonly due to dryness of the eye fluid film and can lead to irritation or foreign body sensation. Artificial tears can be useful e.g tears naturale in this condition. If however the eye is acutely congested with loss of vision gradually then a slit lamp examination should be done along with intra ocular pressure measurements.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil