What causes feeling of something moving in thigh?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am feeling something is moving (like blood or air bubbles) in my tigh.. It started 3 days ago.. i am feeling this while standing , walking or sitting(just in my left front tigh)
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blood circulation symptom related to position, or formication.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your query and understand your concerns.

Feeling like something is moving in thigh is mainly related to blood circulation in arteries.

Since this sensation is related to position, in certain positions, arteries are narrowed and in certain other positions they take normal shape.

Restored blood flow results in sensation of movement in depth of the thigh.

Another explanation of your concerns, if the sensation is felt all the time is formication, or distorted sensation like something is moving under your skin.

This symptom may be related to several conditions including stress and anxiety disorder.

I don't think that there is need to worry much more than necessary about it.

If this will persist for few days, consider consulting your Doctor and getting evaluated further to find the exact cause.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak