What causes feeling of heat on one side of face and shoulder?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I just experienced a feeling of heat and strong (uncomfortable) tingling on the right side of my face and shoulder. It is subsiding now. I do know if I should seek immediate medical attention or wait to call my doctor on Monday.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nerve related cause.

Detailed Answer:
The feeling of heat on one side of the face is likely to be due to a nerve related cause. It is not likely to be due to a serious issue. You can wait till Monday to call your doctor. Do take electrolyte rich fluids and methylcobalamin supplements till then.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL XXXX

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thank you; your answer made much more sense.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thank you.
I am happy I could help.
Please do recommend our services to others too in case you found them helpful. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile XXXX
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
Best regards.