What causes feeling of fullness in abdomen and after a small meal?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: Whenever I drink a 16 oz. bottle of water with a small meal (such as a bowl of Special K for breakfast) I feel like I ate a large meal. What could cause it?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 17 minutes later
You are feeling fullness of abdomen. it can be gas after hyper acidity or indigestion. it can also be air swallowing. take omiprazol and uni enzyme tablet. take bland diet. stop smoking and alcohol. have regular exercise like morning walk.you will improve soon.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 44 minutes later
This has been going on for quite a while. I've been taking daily PPIs for over 10 years. I also have a hiatal hernia. I do not drink alcohol or smoke. Exercise is difficult with Cerebral Palsy.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
full XXXXXXX of abdomen after drinking water and taking special k.

Detailed Answer:
since you are having cerebral palsy,passive exercise can be recommended. ultrasound abdomen can be help full for diagnosis. Take consultation from a Gastroenterologist and Neurologist. For the hiatal hernia, you can take the opinion of surgeon for opinion regarding surgical options.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist