What causes feeling of fluid accumulation in abdomen?

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: The area across my ribs ( abdomen? Stomach?)

seems to be filled with jiggly fluid. Is this something to be concerned about?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes needs to be get it checked to your physician.

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you!

Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully worked through your case, and I can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I assure you not to worry as I will take care all of your medical concerns.

It may be due to some infection of the skin like Cellulitis if this is confined to the skin areas only.

More deep fluid may be due to some muscle disease, lungs covering may also be inflamed and infected and is called Pleural Effusion.

Feeling of fluid in the stomach area may be due to the gas in the stomach and intestines. It may also cause indigestion.

Sometimes there is fluid accumulation in the peritoneal cavity (abdominal cavity) due to the liver disease.

You need to consult your primary care physician to get it checked through complete physical examination. He may also go for some diagnostic tests.

Hope I answered all of your health concerns . If you have further questions, feel free to contact me anytime. Always write my name in start of your question in future, and I will get back to you in no time. If satisfied, please give your generous 'five Star rating' and don't forget to 'Close the discussion'.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Best Regards!
DR. HANIF
USA

Click the link to open my profile. Click 'Ask Me a Question' anytime for super fast expert medical help!!!
https://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-muhammad-hanif/70199

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D